Jerrica is making a new diaper pattern and I'm excited that I was able to test it out!
Note: This post is very picture heavy. :)
I tested the NB and Small front aplix patterns. I decided to do 2 other patterns at the same time for comparison's sake, and naturally forgot to add a seam allowance for the Busy Bum pattern. Ack!
So I made a 3rd Busy Bum and added seam allowance to that one. Sorry about that. I must say on the first NB one without adding in seam allowance it makes for a really, really tiny, adorable diaper! LOL.
Specs are the same for all diapers:
Outer - Fun knit
Hidden - Stretch terry
Inner - Bamboo fleece
Tri-fold soaker with 1 layer microfiber; 1 layer Bamboo fleece. *In my hurry to get these done I forgot to account for the amount of stretch the diapers would have in the rise. I'll be re-making the soakers so they're longer - teehee.
I took the waist and thigh measurements of my son's bear and discovered he's exactly the size of an average newborn (waist: 16", thigh: 7"), so "Cosmo" is our model for today. We'll have an actual model in about 6 months. :)
Click any image to view larger:
All 5 diapers next to a 7" ruler.
From L-R: Busy Bum Small (*forgot to add seam allowance), Darling Diaper Newborn Small, Busy Bum Newborn, Goodness Gracious Newborn, Busy Bum Newborn (*forgot to add seam allowance).
3 BB diapers on top (Small w/o seam allowance, Newborn, Newborn w/o seam allowance); 2 bottom are DD and GG:
Backs of diapers:
Insides (some of the microfiber towels were green; others yellow - makes for some with a strange hue in the pics!)
Three BB diapers insides:
Side view of three BB diapers:
Inside of BB newborn w/o seam allowance, with tri-soaker unsnapped:
My hand next to the BB newborn w/o seam allowance:
BB Small w/o seam allowance:
BB Newborn with seam allowance:
BB Newborn w/o seam allowance:
DD Newborn Small:
Jerrica, thanks again for letting me test the pattern! It was a lot of fun and the diapers turned out really cute.
- ► 2015 (13)
- ► 2014 (25)
- ► 2011 (37)
- Hyena Cart Design Mock-up for "Indie Bambino"
- Animated Banners for "Leave You In Stitches"
- Mock-up Label for "Dreamseeds Organics"
- Mock-ups for "Thornbush Pens"
- How to Get Pregnant Using a CD Stash (Silly Story ...
- Banner Mock-up for "Family Tree Glass"
- Header Mock-ups for "Dandy-lions"
- Thanks for a Wonderful HC$ Day!
- Mock-up for "Tessa Ann", Part II
- Mock-up for Logo "Dreamseeds Organics", Part II
- Mock-ups for "Tessa Ann"
- Animated Banners for "Creative Mamas" - Autumn
- Diaper Testers for "Busy Bums"
- Mock-ups for Logo "Dreamseeds Organics"
- Print Ad Design for "Family Tree Glass", Part III
- Print Ad Design for "Family Tree Glass", Part II
- Hyena Cart Design Mock-up for "Dandy-lions", Part ...
- Print Ad Design for "Family Tree Glass"
- Animated Banners for "Sweet Retreat" - Friendship
- ▼ September (19)
- ► 2009 (194)