Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter Party!

Our good friend Launi over at Gracious Rain threw an amazing "Harry Potter" party for the 7.2 premiere! Being the nerds, err, awesome people that we are, my whole family dressed up. :) I woke at 6:30am to finish robes for my husband, daughter, and myself, and a little skirt for baby girl.

We snacked on delicious "cauldron cakes", took silly pictures, enjoyed receiving some fantastic prizes, and loved our goody bags. I won the grand prize of 2 Hale Center Theater 2012 Season Passes and am so grateful for the generosity of the Hales! Looking forward to enjoying the plays with my husband; The Hale Center always does a wonderful job!

The saddest part of the evening was knowing this is the last Harry Potter movie. Sigh. We've loved the books and movies; very hard to say goodbye to this magical world.

Here are a few pictures of the party...

Baby Hermione!


My family
Left to right: Luna, Xenophilius, Hermione, Ravenclaw student, Tonks, Mrs. Weasley, Mr. Weasley, the Grey Lady, Baby Hermione, Bellatrix, and Karkaroff


Me, my Husband, and Baby Girl


Me and my Sisters


Baby, Dad, Sister showing off the awesome gloves she won, Brother-in-Law, Brother


Fantastic Goody Bag


Prizes won by me and my husband:


Thank you Launi (and family!) for hosting a wonderful Party. We had such a lovely time and will enjoy our gifts!

Mischief Managed.

1 comment:

Launi said...

Wow! What a great post! I didn't realize that your family dressed up as all those folks. And I love your shot of the goodie bag--we always seem to miss that. Thanks.

 

Web Design by JoyfulRose