Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Medium Diaper Covers and Mini-Diapers - Artistry Baby Pattern

I finally sat down and sewed up a couple of mini-diapers and covers for my friend Lesley. Her little gal is getting to be so big! She's growing out of a lot of the diaper stash we gave them so I tried a new pattern she liked. It's the Artistry Baby pattern, which you can find at Christine's Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/artistry

Unfortunately I forgot to add a seam allowance to the mini-diapers. Ack! I tried putting elastic in the first but wasn't sure if it would be too narrow for Lesley's baby. The second one I just serged the diaper so it's more of a contour than a mini-diaper. LOL. Oh well. Will remember that seam allowance next time!

I was pleased with how the covers turned out. I haven't sewn with FOE (fold-over elastic) in awhile. Next time I'll stretch the FOE even more for the legs and waist but even so, the diapers fit Lesley's girl really well.

Click images to view larger:




No comments:

Blog Archive

 

Web Design by JoyfulRose