Friday, April 10, 2020

JoyfulRose Fitted Face Mask Tutorial

Here's a quick tutorial I put together for fitted face masks. Hopefully it's detailed enough to be understood. These take me about 15 minutes to make each one. There are a lot of steps, but the mask goes together fairly quickly.

I love this design! Especially with the long elastic that doesn't hurt my ears. This is my preferred design for myself and family.

Fairly quick and easy to make, especially with the use of a serger and a sewing machine, but you could use just a sewing machine if you don't have a serger.

Pros: fairly easy to make, very comfortable design, contoured design shapes nicely to face, filter sewn-in, reusable (can wash, dry, and iron after every use.)

Cons: a little bit harder to breathe through, seems very intimidating to make at first glance!

Click on image to view full size. :)


Masks I've made thus far:

Revised on 14 April 2020 to add the pattern templates I used :)
Click each image to view full size. Each is on a standard 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper. The square is 1" measured on the inside of the square. Hope that helps!





No comments:

Blog Archive

 

Web Design by JoyfulRose